Description of FRITZ!App WLAN
With FRITZ!App WLAN you can keep an eye on your wireless network at all times. Use the FRITZ!App WLAN for an easy connection from your Android smartphone or tablet to the wireless LAN of your FRITZ!Box or any other WLAN router. The FRITZ!App WLAN also provides you with useful details about the existing wireless connection. A graphic diagram presented in the FRITZ!App WLAN offers you additional transparency about the channel assignments of the various devices in your wireless LAN environment.
- smartphone or tablet with Android version 4 or higher (App Version 2.0)
- smartphone or tablet with Android version 2.3 or higher (App version 1.2.1)
Many thanks for all the encouragement and five star ratings! We are overwhelmed and extremely motivated!
*Information about the WiFi throughput test: the performance and hardware of your android device can have an impact on the result. During the measurement your wireless LAN can be slowed down.
Information about the user rights required for this app:
• Near Field Communication: is used to control wireless connections via NFC/Android Beam
• Device ID: The device ID is used to store the password securely in each individual device.
• Call information: Along with the Device ID, the call information belong to a group predefined by Google. This call information is not used by the app.
• Microphone: The microphone and the camera belong into a group predefined by Google. This microphone function is not used by the the app.
• Access to the camera: necessary for reading the QR code
• Vibration: Haptic feedback to confirm that the QR code has been read
• Camera flash: May also be needed to read the QR code
• Wake lock: For switching the screen timeout on and off
• Change or delete contents of USB storage/SD card: For the sharing function information is cached locally before sending
• Test access to protected memory: Check for write rights on USB storage/SD card for sharing function
• Change network connectivity: Establish and clear wireless LAN connections
• Change system settings: Save sorting sequence of radio networks
• Call up wireless LAN connections: Check whether WLAN is switched on/off
• Call up network connections: Check status of wireless LAN connections
• Access to all networks: Query of the FRITZ!Box firmware/model number